Course 1: xlwings for beginners
Currently no courses scheduled
Please contact us and we'll be happy to set something up!
If you want to follow along the webinar, please install the latest version of the
Anaconda distribution for Python 3.5.
Other than that, you only need a recent version of Excel. User Defined functions only work on Windows,
every thing else works both on Windows and Mac.
Note: Basic Python programming knowledge is expected, i.e. this is not a beginner’s course.
- View function: Excel as viewer for tabular data
- Range on active sheet (useful for interactive sessions)
- Range indexing/slicing
- Connect to a Book
- Full qualification
- Work with multiple apps
- Active Objects: xw.apps, xw.books, xw.sheets
- Range shortcuts: sheet[…]
- Table objects
- Workaround for missing features: Manipulate the underlying object
- Calling VBA macros
- Command Line Client
- RunPython: Hello World
- RunPython: Debugging
- VBA Settings
User Defined Functions (UDFs)
- One-time Excel preparations
- UDF: Hello World
- Array Formulas
- @xw.arg and @xw.ret decorators
- NumPy Converter
- Pandas DataFrame Converter