Course 2: xlwings advanced
Currently no courses scheduled
Please contact us and we'll be happy to set something up!
If you want to follow along the webinar, please install the latest version of the
Anaconda distribution for Python 3.5.
Other than that, you only need a recent version of Excel. User Defined functions only work on Windows,
every thing else works both on Windows and Mac.
Note: Basic Python programming knowledge is expected, i.e. this is not a beginner’s course.
Converters & options
- Default converter
- Dictionary Converter
- NumPy Converter
- Pandas DataFrames
- Pandas Series
- Write your own Converter!
Real time feeds
- The “vba” keyword
- xw.Range Converter
- A more practical example: A UDF to get the correlation matrix
- UDFs with Matplotlib and Plotly
- Fetching time-series data from the internet
- Debugging UDFs
- @xw.sub vs. OPTIMIZED_CONNECTION
- Introductory sample: Python’s unittest module
- Use Python to unittest existing VBA