Make Excel fly with Python!
Replace your VBA code with Python, a powerful yet easy-to-use programming language that is highly suited for numerical analysis. Supports Windows & Mac!
Latest Release v0.9.3 (Aug 22, 2016): This is a bug fix release of the v0.9 rewrite, make sure to check release notes and migration guide for details.
Why xlwings is awesome
- Easy deployment: The receiver of an xlwings-powered spreadsheets only needs Python with minimal
dependencies — or nothing at all when shipped with the Python runtime.
- Cross-Platform: xlwings works with Microsoft Excel on Windows and Mac.
- Plug-and-Play: No cumbersome installation of Excel add-ins or license keys.
- Flexible: Works with pretty much every combination of Excel and Python.
- Two way communication: Call Python from Excel or interact with Excel from Python.
- User Defined Functions (UDFs): UDFs including array formulas are supported on Windows.
- Free and open-source: xlwings is released under a permissive BSD-License.