- Download the zip-file
- Extract the zip file (Windows: Right-Click > Extract All… > Extract / Mac: Double-click the zip-file)
- Open the Spreadsheet in the unzipped folder
Note: Except for the Fibonacci Lite example, all examples require a Python installation with xlwings >=v0.11.0 and
the xlwings Excel add-in installed.
Example 1: Fibonacci Sequence
This is the simplest possible example demonstrating the calculation of the Fibonacci sequence.
Example 2: Monte Carlo Simulation
This example shows the computational power of Python by performing a Monte Carlo simulation of the price development of
a financial asset. Prices are assumed to follow a log-normal distribution.
- Lite (Win & Mac): simulation.zip (52 KB) - Dependencies: Python, xlwings, NumPy
Example 3: Database - Windows only
This example shows how easy it is to work with databases. It uses Chinook, a popular SQLite sample
- Lite (Windows only!): database.zip (392 KB) - Dependencies: Python, xlwings
Example 4: Google Analytics Dashboard
Please follow this blogpost that guides through the example in detail!
- Lite (Win & Mac): ga_dashboard.zip (70 KB) - Dependencies: Python, xlwings, google-api-python-client, python-gflags
Example 5: Matplotlib
- Lite (Win & Mac): mpl.zip (173 KB) - Dependencies: Python, xlwings, matplotlib
Example 6: User Defined Functions (UDFs) - Windows only
- Lite (Win): udf.zip (53 KB) - Dependencies: Python, xlwings, matplotlib
These versions are small in size but require an installation of Python with xlwings and the xlwings Excel add-in installed. We
recommend to install the Anaconda distribution as it already
contains all the packages used in the examples, including xlwings, pywin32, numpy, scipy and pandas.
These versions run out-of-the-box after unzipping without any dependencies but are bigger in size.