- Download the zip-file
- Extract the zip file (Windows: Right-Click > Extract All… > Extract / Mac: Double-click the zip-file)
- Open the Spreadsheet in the unzipped folder
Note: Except for the Fibonacci Standalone example, all examples require a Python installation with xlwings >=v0.11.0 and the xlwings Excel add-in installed.
Example 1: Fibonacci Sequence
This is the simplest possible example demonstrating the calculation of the Fibonacci sequence.
- Lite (Win & Mac): fibonacci.zip (41 KB) - Dependencies: Python, xlwings
- Standalone (Win): fibonacci_standalone.zip 7.1 MB)
Example 2: Monte Carlo Simulation
This example shows the computational power of Python by performing a Monte Carlo simulation of the price development of a financial asset. Prices are assumed to follow a log-normal distribution.
- Lite (Win & Mac): simulation.zip (52 KB) - Dependencies: Python, xlwings, NumPy
Example 3: Database - Windows only
- Lite (Windows only!): database.zip (392 KB) - Dependencies: Python, xlwings
Example 4: Matplotlib
- Lite (Win & Mac): mpl.zip (173 KB) - Dependencies: Python, xlwings, matplotlib
Example 5: User Defined Functions (UDFs) - Windows only
- Lite (Win): udf.zip (53 KB) - Dependencies: Python, xlwings, matplotlib
These versions are small in size but require an installation of Python with xlwings and the xlwings Excel add-in installed. We recommend to install the Anaconda distribution as it already contains all the packages used in the examples, including xlwings, pywin32, numpy, scipy and pandas.
These versions run out-of-the-box after unzipping without any dependencies but are bigger in size.