- Download the zip-file
- Extract the zip file (Windows: Right-Click > Extract All… > Extract / Mac: Double-click the zip-file)
- Open the Spreadsheet in the unzipped folder
Note: Lite examples require a Python installation with xlwings >=v0.9.3. Standalone versions currently only run on Windows.
Example 1: Fibonacci Sequence
This is the simplest possible example demonstrating the calculation of the Fibonacci sequence.
Example 2: Monte Carlo Simulation
This example shows the computational power of Python by performing a Monte Carlo simulation of the price development of
a financial asset. Prices are assumed to follow a log-normal distribution.
- Lite (Win & Mac): simulation.zip (52 KB) - Dependencies: Python, xlwings, NumPy
Example 3: Database - Windows only
This example shows how easy it is to work with databases. It uses Chinook, a popular SQLite sample
- Lite (Windows only!): database.zip (392 KB) - Dependencies: Python, xlwings
Example 4: Google Analytics Dashboard
Please follow this blogpost that guides through the example in detail!
- Lite (Win & Mac): ga_dashboard.zip (70 KB) - Dependencies: Python, xlwings, google-api-python-client, python-gflags
Example 5: Matplotlib
- Lite (Win & Mac): mpl.zip (173 KB) - Dependencies: Python, xlwings, matplotlib
Example 6: User Defined Functions (UDFs) - Windows only
- Lite (Win): udf.zip (53 KB) - Dependencies: Python, xlwings, matplotlib
These versions are small in size but require an installation of Python with xlwings. We
recommend to install the Anaconda distribution as it already
contains all the packages used in the examples, including xlwings, pywin32, numpy, scipy and pandas.
These versions run out-of-the-box after unzipping without any dependencies but are bigger in size.